Followers

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Learn, Cook, Eat


On the past few weeks before, my mom brought me to a cooking academy, Cilantro's Open Day. She saw this on the newpaper advertisement. Not because she wants to send me there for study, but for me to learn some cooking skill work since i am so so free now everyday rotting at home.

Once we reached there and sat down, a staff from there asked me to fill in a form. Soon after, a consultant came to us then explained all the courses programmes and the fees to us at the first moment. I was like, "What? I never plan to study here also, what for explain to me so much bunch of nonsenses?" My mom was like keep on "Hehehehehe" smiling at her, idk what's her mind thinking to arrange my further studies. -.-

Blah blah blah, my expression showed how reluctant of listen what she saying. After the discussion, she introduced a 4 days CDP(Career Discover Programme) to me. We will learn 4 types of cuisine during the programme which are Malay cuisine, Chinese cuisine, Western Cuisine and Pastry. It is for those students that are unsure to decide study in Cilantro, to make sure they are really interested before they enrolled in it. The deposit fees will pay back and they will charged a part from it IF you don't want to enroll and continue your study.

Hence, finally my mom signed up that programme for me and said, "4 days only ma. Go play play also good what." So i agreed. I have interest in cooking, but definitely not becoming a chef in the future. If you want me to cook and take it as my hobby, i'll take it. But if you want me to cook as my career for my whole life, oh please! No way. I don't wish to stay in the kitchen for the rest of my life.

On the first day, i was alone stepped into the academy centre. Everyone seems like bringing a heart of considering wanted to study this course or not, but me is coming just for fun. Lol.

The first day, we learnt to cook Seafood Fettuccini Noodles. We mix the ingredients with flour and knead the dough by ourselves to make the pasta. It is such a valuable experience for me!

Comes with the seafood ingredients, Dory fish and prawns. And then start to cook!

We seperated into 3 groups. I am in group 1 :)

TADA! Cooked by me! Served with few pinches of black pepper and cheese powder. Tastes not bad. First time cooking pasta hehehe.

Western cuisine. Pasta, my love!

Meet my baby boy at Summit during break time. He studying in Subang, Segi college so it is so near for me to find him. :P Tabao some pasta for him to eat for his lunch.

HE LITERALLY COMPLIMENTED IT TASTES DELICIOUS! Muahahaha

We bought a cup of pearl ice-blended here. Tastes so yummy and the pearl is so chewyyy! Why Pyramid don't have this? :(

-------

SECOND DAY

We make chicken sate! We blend our sate sauce as well too.

This is the chicken sate we marinated overnight before the day.

Grill grill grill~ BARBEQUE-ing.

DONE! Served with rice, cucumbers and the sate sauce.

Malay cuisine.


After break time, play doughs time! Awww.. My loves again. :)

Kneading flour together with other ingredients become dough.

There are tuna fillings, red bean paste and sausage buns. :)

Guess which is my artwork?

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

This is it. Love shape

After bake. TADA! BUNS BUNS BUNS!

Specially for you baby. He loves it. :)

He commented, "Leavening with concentrated attention with patience while wait for her love to rise and her sweetness fill with the bread. To knead, use her both hands to press and shaped it into LOVE SHAPE with red bean(fortune&happiness). Before our loves is undergo fermented."

How sweet? It is a very happiness thing seeing your beloved one eat and feels happy with your own cook/bake food okay! *omg satisfied*

------

THIRD DAY

We learnt to cook Hainan Chicken Rice. My baby's favourite haha. We make 3 types of sauces which are 2 different kinds of soya sauce and 1 chilli sauce.

She is our CDP instructor, Chef Lily. Very nice and humour person. :)

Normal soya sauce, soya sauce with shallots, chilli sauce.

Chinese cuisine.
*i never take any picture of chicken rice, so i saved this from a member of CDP in facebook hehe.



We bake butter cookies after that. Dough time again! Hohoho. I love making pastry than cooking actually.

Ingredients of making butter cookies.

看就容易,做就难。LOL

Horse shoe shape and almond shape.

We make other weird, funny, cute shapes too! :P

------

LAST DAY

MUFFINS!!! :D I love this heheheh. 3 groups make 3 different flavours. My group making Chocolate Chips flavour. Nyom nyom nyom

Coffee Marble, Chocolate Chips and Vanilla Blueberry.


I very enjoyed myself in these 4 days honestly. I learned alot in many ways of cooking. In the guidance of chef, of course i can cook very well. But if you want me do it again myself at home, that might be stumped me with a mess haha. Well, i can try. Shall take a time to do it. Practices make success! :D

Someday i will open my own cafe/bakery shop/restaurant, perhaps. Muahahaha *dream big* :P

No comments: